Paludrine/Avloclor Anti-Malarial Travel Pack
'Anti-Malarials' can be used in certain parts of the world to help prevent malaria. This is a serious disease spread by infected mosquitos. The anti-malarial travel pack will give some degree of protection (prophylaxis) against malaria in certain counries. Please ring (or e-mail) us to check if you are unsure of current recommendations (01260 295701 or email@example.com). You must check that this Anti-Malarial Travel Pack is suitable for the part of the world you are visiting.
- Additional precautions to avoid mosquito bites are also necessary:
- -wear light-coloured, long-sleeved clothing and long trousers when you are out after sunset.
- -use insect repellant creams or sprays on exposed skin
- -sleep in a properly screened room or under a mosquito net
- -spray to kill any mosquitoes that may have entered the room in spite of screening
No medicine can guarantee to protect against malaria in every case. if you have a high temperature during you visit to a malaria area, or up to a year after returning home, you should suspect malaria. Conatact a doctor straight away and let hime know you have visited a malaria area.
United Kingdom Deliveries (including Northern Ireland)
Delivery is FREE for any UK order containing an NHS prescription.
Delivery is FREE for all UK orders Over £40.
We use a selection of proven couriers including Royal Mail, HDN, and UPS depending on your location and weight of your order. During any dispute our contingency arrangements are activated to ensure we continue to meet our service levels.
Orders received before 3:00pm are picked and dispatched on the same day and will usually be delivered to you within one to five working days anywhere in the UK depending on the delivery service you select (there may be delays to the Isle of Man and the Scottish Islands).
Keen Pharmacy also offers a range of delivery options to meet our customers' requirements:
• Next Day Delivery (£5.50) The orders will be delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery. The delivery time for your Next Day Delivery is 24hrs from dispatch. Please note that delivery times are in business days, and that for orders placed on Monday to Thursday before 3pm, you should receive your goods the next business day. Orders placed after 3pm Thursday, but before 3pm on Friday, should be received by Monday (except Bank Holidays). Weekends are not counted when ordering Next Day Delivery. i.e. If you order on Saturday or Sunday, it will be treated as if you ordered your item on the following Monday. We are not responsible for delays by our carriers but we will do our best to resolve any issues that may arise. During high volume holiday seasons delivery times may vary.
• Standard Delivery (£3.45) The orders will be delivered by Royal Mail 1st Class. The delivery time for your Standard delivery is normally 1 to 2 working days . In a very small number of cases the Royal Mail may not meet this service level. In this situation please allow 7-10 days from dispatch before contacting us
Orders containing Prescription Only Medicines including controlled drugs and other medicines will require a signature on delivery. You can also arrange for your order to be delivered to alternative addresses including your office, members of your family You need to ensure that someone approved by you is able to sign for the delivery. Please note that deliveries are made to the delivery address you supply to us. Re-dispatch of any returned orders may incur an additional delivery charge.
All BFPO orders will be sent through Royal Mail Super Saver Delivery.
If you have any questions regarding delivery times, or to check that an item is in stock, you can call us on 01260 295701 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are able to supply orders to most countries in Europe. Delivery charges will depend on the weight of your order and the destination. We will confirm the delivery charge at the checkout page, before you confirm payment of your order.
Non-prescription orders are sent by air recorded delivery and a signature will be needed upon receipt of your goods. Certain individual countries place restrictions on the types of products that may be posted into them. We will inform you individually if there are any problems.
Prescriptions delivered to non-UK destinations will be sent by Royal Mail international recorded delivery and a signature will be needed upon receipt of your goods. Delivery will typically take 7-10 days. Faster delivery options are available upon request.
Under UK law we are only able to dispense prescriptions written by practitioners who are registered in the European Economic Area.
We reserve the right to decline orders on heavy items or to contact you to arrange delivery costs.
Children: Do not give to children under 1 year of age.
Avloclor (weekly) Paludrine (daily)
1 to 4 years half a tablet half a tablet
5 to 8 years one tablet one tablet
9 to 14 years one & a half tablets one & a half tablets
Adults and children; Start taking the tablets one week before travel to the malarious area and continue during your stay and for 4 weeks after leaving the area.
- are allergic to chloroquine phosphate or any other ingredients.
- are taking other medicines including any you have bought.
- have ever had problems with your liver or kidneys.
- have ever been told you have porphyria or anyone in your family has it
- have epilepsy, or a history of convulsions or fits.
- have psoriasis
- are breast feeding or suspect you are pregnant.
If you become ill when visiting a malarious area or even up to a year after returning home seek medical advice
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Avloclor Tablets: The active substance in Avloclor is chloroquine phosphate. each tablet contains 250mg chloroquine phosphate (equivalent to 155mg chloroquine base). The other ingredients ae magnesium stearate and maize starch.